Monday, March 5, 2012

Watercolor Pencils, GO!

Got some new toys today :D
A really awesome client of mine paid for some artwork with these, and I'm ecstatic! I haven't had non-digital materials like this at my disposal since college.  In 2001.

The brushes aren't here yet, so it'll be a day or so before I can seriously use them, but for the moment I'm testing how they look with wet q-tips.  Not good enough for any serious art, but certainly good enough for color blot-tests.

I've decided the dining room table will be my art table; there's really good light out there in the daytime since the table's right up against the windows, and even at night the ceiling light is better than the livingroom lights.

Nia's still too short to reach the top of the aforementioned table, so she can't get into them when I'm not looking- yet.  Hopefully by the time she figures out how to climb up on top of the chair, I'll have taught her not to touch mommy's expensive things... or acquired the forethought to put either them or her away before leaving either unattended ...

No comments:

Post a Comment